CRISIS-FORUM  October 2008

CRISIS-FORUM October 2008

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Log In

Get Password

Re: Global Warming: Stronger Than Expected, Sooner Than Forecast

Chris <[log in to unmask]>

Chris <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:32:46 -0000

text/plain

That's part of the point I was trying to make really - it is not possible to
respond to this issue on the premise of a global 'dangerous limit'. One
could argue that what we are talking about with unequivocal dangerous change
is change that negatively affects the life quality of the wealthy North,
whereas that only affecting the South is equivocal and thus not dangerous.
It is a complete misconception of the issue and lacks all sense of equity
and justice. And it ain't science, its values, but who on this board can
recall being invited to a global debate about what counts as dangerous? (Bar
those who attended the Exeter conference of 2005, which was hardly a
democratic debate).

Chris