Help for CORPUS-STYLE Archives

CORPUS-STYLE Archives

CORPUS-STYLE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

CORPUS-STYLE Home

CORPUS-STYLE  March 2018

CORPUS-STYLE March 2018

Third Call: Conference on Crime, Law, and Language

"I. M. Laversuch Nick" <[log in to unmask]>

I. M. Laversuch Nick

Tue, 13 Mar 2018 15:07:13 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

The Germanic Society for Forensic Linguistics (GSFL) is pleased to announce its third extended call for papers for its 6th annual conference to be held from August 2-5, 2018 in York, England.  This year’s conference is being held in conjunction with the University of York.

Invited topics for paper and poster abstracts include but are not limited to the following areas: Forensic Phonetics and Phonology; Forensic Linguistics; Language and Law; Translation and Interpreting; Education and Forensic Linguistics and/or Forensic Phonetics and Phonology. In keeping with the GSFL’s commitment to supporting both FP and FL, in 2018, we especially encourage joint-submissions from FP and FL researchers working together as well as submissions that showcase work which has relevance for both FL and FP.

EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION RATES (March 15, 2018 – June 15, 2018)

JUST A FEW OF OUR CONFIRMED GUEST SPEAKERS
Dr. Tina Cambier-Langeveld (Leiden University, THE NETHERLANDS) Forensic Casework: Considering the Context

Professor Peter French (University of York and JP French Associates, UNITED KINGDOM) There's No Such Thing as Forensic Phonetics

Dr. Christin Kirchhübel (JP French Associates, UNITED KINGDOM) Working as a Forensic Speech Consultant

Dr. Sam Larner (Manchester Metropolitan University, UNITED KINGDOM) How Children and Young People Disclose Sexual Abuse: A linguistic analysis of NSPCC ChildLine online chat transcripts

Dr. Isabel Picornell (QED Forensics) From Concept to Completion: Building a Successful FL Consultancy

Dr. Dominic Watt (University of York, UK) Where are the Edges of our Field?  The Role of Emerging Scholars in Bending, Breaking and Redrawing Disciplinary Boundaries

More information on our guest speakers can be found here: <http://germanicsocietyforensiclinguistics.org/roundtable/conference-call-for-gsfl-17/>  All interested authors are requested to submit a 250-word abstract by the extended deadline: April 1, 2018.  To submit your abstract, please use this link: <http://germanicsocietyforensiclinguistics.org/roundtable/abstract-submissions-2018/>.

Submissions may examine any language but preference will be given to abstracts investigating a Germanic language (i.e. English, German, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, Afrikaans, Icelandic, Frisian, Yiddish, etc.).  Submissions must be in either English, German, or Danish.  Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact GSFL President, Dr. I. M. Nick ([log in to unmask]).

We look forward to welcoming you!