Urban Jewish Heritage: Presence and Absence
Final Call for Papers Deadline: 11 May 2018
An international Conference taking place as part of the European Year of Cultural Heritage in Krakow, Poland. Help to shape discussions around the past, present and future of urban Jewish Heritage, and join us for what will be an important event in shaping the future for Jewish Heritage across towns and cities around the world. Submit a 300 word abstract for papers/presentations as soon as possible and by 11th May at the very latest.
We are particularly keen to hear from researchers, planners and policy-makers who are working with the following:
• Case studies and research relating to the preservation, conservation, development and interpretation of Jewish heritage in towns and cities
• The role of town, city, and municipality planning and heritage departments in developing management models for urban Jewish heritage
• Experiences of the tourism industry in running Jewish heritage tours, the touristic presentation of Jewish Heritage in towns and cities, and the touristic experience
• The role of the museum in promoting, representing and presenting Jewish heritage
• Intangible heritage relating to the presence and absence of Jewish heritage in urban areas.
If you have any queries or ideas or wish to discuss your involvement in this important event please do not hesitate to contact us: [log in to unmask]
contemp-hist-arch is a list for news and events
in contemporary and historical archaeology, and
for announcements relating to the CHAT conference group.
For email subscription options see:
Visit the CHAT website for more information and for future meeting dates: