To view this newsletter in a browser, visit:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=cetis-announce;525fe911.1308p

To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add

Logo July 2013
Cetis Newsletter

Cetis Relaunches

As of 1st August, Cetis has relaunched as the Centre for Educational Technology, Interoperability and Standards. The “new” Cetis will be working with public and private sector clients who need our expert advice on matters of technology strategy and innovation, and standards and interoperability. To mark the relaunch we have a new web site which highlights our work and expertise.

In the meantime…

(Back to Top)

Lorna M. Campbell

Image

29th July

After twelve productive years, the University of Strathclyde’s relationship with Cetis has now “reached its conclusion”. The Cetis Memorandum of Understanding has been terminated and all Cetis staff at the university have been made redundant.

READ MORE

Sideways

(Back to Top)

Sheila MacNeill

Image

29th July

After eight very happy years working for Cetis based within the now sadly no longer with us CAPLE (Centre for Academic Practice and Learning Enhancement) at the University of Strathclyde my working life is moving a bit sideways over the next couple of months.

READ MORE

Heads up for HEDIIP

(Back to Top)

Phil Barker

Image

24th July

A while back I summarised the input about semantics and academic coding that Lorna and I had made on behalf of Cetis for a study on possible reforms to JACS, the Joint Academic Coding System. That study has now been published.

READ MORE

Open Badges, Tin Can, LRMI can use InLOC as one cornerstone

(Back to Top)

Simon Grant

Image

18th July

There has been much discussion recently about Mozilla Open Badges, xAPI (Experience API, alias "Tin Can API") and LRMI, as new and interesting specifications to help bring standardization particularly into the world of technology and resources involved with people and their learning. They have all reached their "version 1" this year, along with InLOC.

READ MORE

Notes on liveblogging (never again)

(Back to Top)

Martin Hawksey

Image

11th July

For a long time I’ve been in awe of live bloggers like Nicola Osborne and Doug Clow and on several occasions benefitted from being able to point to the information they have captured in posts. This extends to events I’ve not been able to attend such as Doug’s extensive notes from LASI13.

READ MORE

Metadata

(Back to Top)

Scott Wilson

Image

5th July

Well this whole Prism business has been quite interesting from a personal perspective, especially this “metadata” business.

READ MORE

Open Scotland Report and Actions

(Back to Top)

Lorna M. Campbell

Image

4th July

“Open Policies can develop Scotland’s unique education offering, support social inclusion and inter-institutional collaboration and sharing and enhance quality and sustainability.”

This was the starting point for discussions at the Open Scotland Summit at the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh.

READ MORE

LASI . . . going to many homes

(Back to Top)

Sheila MacNeill

Image

3rd July

The Learning Analytics Summer Institute (LASI) is taking place this week at Stanford University. Although I'm not one of the lucky few attending in person, Doug Clow (from the OU UK) is leading the live blogging brigade and I've been enjoying catching up with the sessions via all the posts, and looking forward to reading more.

READ MORE

New publication from Jisc on Enhancing Curriculum Design with Technology

(Back to Top)

Sheila MacNeill

Image

3rd July

Over the past four years I was part of the support team for the JISC Curriculum Design Programme. And I have to say it was one of the most fascinating "Jisc programme journeys" I've been on.

READ MORE

Using Google Spreadsheets as a Google Analytics Data Bridge

(Back to Top)

Martin Hawksey

Image

2nd July

Access control to Google Analytics data is very coarse. Via the web interface you can have full access or none at all. Given the growing interest in data driven decision making at all levels of the institution I thought it would be beneficial to demonstrate how Google Spreadsheets and Google Apps Script could be used to selectively distribute Google Analytics data.

READ MORE

More posts available on the Cetis blogs site.

(Back to Top)

READ MORE

All links go directly to individual blog sites.

You are subscribed to Cetis Newsletter. To unsubscribe, visit:
https://WWW.JISCMAIL.AC.UK/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CETIS-ANNOUNCE&A=1

http://www.cetis.ac.uk

We like feedback! Let us know what you think of this newsletter.