Re: Various OSes and Crystallography

Andreas Förster <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 9 Aug 2012 16:18:40 +0100

Mac OSX because of Time Machine, Illustrator and crystallographic
software in one happy box.  XP on a Virtual Box for emergencies (SAXS,
AUC and ITC programs).

Though with Microsoft and Apple both pushing towards gestures, fingertip
interaction and tablets, Linux will be the only option for laptops in
two/three years' time.

Mind that if you buy a MacBook, there's only one (hefty 15") model
without a mirror-coated screen.

Andreas