Re: Phasing at Low Resolution

Charlie Bond <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 15 May 2009 11:11:20 +0800

I like PIP (di-mu-iodo-bis-ethylenediamine-di-platinum (II) nitrate).
At low resolution it offers you 4 heavy atoms (I2Pt2), a choice of
anomalous signal, and at higher resolution if you can resolve the 4
heavy atoms you then instantly get higher resolution phases.
It likes binding as a low-res ball in active sites and with more order
at -S-S- (disulfide) and -S- (methionine thioether) positions. I've also
seen it rather arbitrarily located in a solvent channel

Cheers,
Charlie

--
Charlie Bond