Help for BRITARCH Archives

BRITARCH Archives

BRITARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

BRITARCH Home

BRITARCH  July 2012

BRITARCH July 2012

Re: Alternative to ISBN (Friday question)

Carol Primrose <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 13 Jul 2012 17:57:05 +0100

 Your 125 would actually buy you 10 ISBNs not just one and they get cheaper
once you are established. Our ISBNs cost 60 for 10 however we have decided
even that is a waste of money.

I imagine you haven't tried to register in Canada. I think you would find
they would need you to have an office in Canada since the ISBN is not a set
of random numbers but indicates country of origin and the publisher's name
with a check digit to avoid duplication.

As I said in an  earlier post, if you sent a copy to the British Library
your publication would appear in a pretty substantial database with no
further cost to you.
Carol