On Behalf of: Natasha Kingham [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
ENGLISH HERITAGE PROFESSIONAL PLACEMENTS IN CONSERVATION (EPPIC) -
AN ENGLISH HERITAGE AND IFA INITIATIVE FOR HISTORIC ENVIRONMENT PRACTITIONERS
Seven one-year professional work placements are available under the English Heritage EPPIC scheme. These placements will provide work-based learning opportunities in specialisms related to the historic environment. Placements are provided and supervised by English Heritage and administered by the IFA. The placements are designed for those with some experience of historic environment practice, but who have not yet had the opportunity to develop more specialist skills and competencies, and may contribute towards an appropriate vocational qualification.
Placements are available in
* Archaeological Investigation x 1, based in York
* Aerial Survey and Investigation x 1 based in York (funded by HLF - please see separate advertisement)
* Human Osteoarchaeology and Stratigraphic Analysis x 1 based at Fort Cumberland, Portsmouth
* Architectural Investigation x 2, based in York and London
* Survey of London Architectural Historian x 1, based in London
* Coastal and Marine Archaeological Investigation x 1, based in Salisbury
Placement holders will be paid £15,354, fixed term for 12 months. An employers' pension contribution of 6% of salary will also made. Successful candidates will be, or will be expected to become, members of an appropriate professional institute.
* Ideally, you will have a relevant degree (or equivalent experience) with 6-18 months post-graduate work experience in UK historic environment practice.
* You may have a post-graduate qualification or comparable practical experience in a heritage discipline
* You may be looking for an opportunity to diversify into a new branch of the profession or to enhance skills you have already gained.
* English Heritage and the Institute of Field Archaeologists value diversity and seek to enhance diversity within the historic environment professions
For further details and to download an application pack, please visit the IFA website at www.archaeologists.net or contact:
Institute of Field Archaeologists
University of Reading
PO Box 227
Reading RG6 6AB
Closing date: 9 am on 8th February 2008
Interview dates: Between 18th February and 4th March 2008
Start date: 7th April 2008
HLF Workplace Learning Bursaries Co-ordinator
Institute of Field Archaeologists,
Tel: 0118 378 6446/0118 378 7760
Email: mailto:[log in to unmask]
A company limited by guarantee: Registered in England Number 1918782