Re: Renaming of Rubrics?

Alex Osmond <[log in to unmask]>

Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:00:23 +0100

Hi all

We too have avoided language pack changes. People seem reasonably ok with the term rubrics as long as we explain what they do, and we do have a few people here using them pretty intensively. I describe them as marking schemes during training, myself...

From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Boon, Chris
Sent: 18 July 2012 17:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Renaming of Rubrics?

Hi Brian,

That's a very interesting point; our tutors like the rubrics, but said exactly the same thing - nice tool, but unintuitive name - what does Rubric mean?  We've steered away from language pack changes so far due to the complexities when upgrading, but this does seem like a good idea.  Perhaps a name involving 'assessment criteria' or 'criteria checklist' would be good?

Chris Boon
SENIOR ILT ANALYST
I.T. SERVICES
City College Norwich

Tel +44 (0)1603 773659
http://www.ccn.ac.uk

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.