Help for ARCHIVES-NRA Archives

ARCHIVES-NRA Archives

ARCHIVES-NRA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ARCHIVES-NRA Home

ARCHIVES-NRA  September 2018

ARCHIVES-NRA September 2018

Job Opportunity at The National Archives

"Pinto, Olivia" <[log in to unmask]>

Pinto, Olivia

Wed, 12 Sep 2018 11:59:30 +0000

Job Opportunity at The National Archives

Head of Conservation and Treatment Development

The National Archives' Collection Care Department has a strong and growing reputation for its outstanding expertise in the conservation of archival collections. Looking after one of the largest and most important archival collections in the world, with documents from William the Conqueror to HM Queen Elizabeth II, from Domesday to the Treaty of Versailles, from Shakespeare to Darwin, the conservation team provides up to date solutions to the most complex conservation problems.

We are looking for a highly motivated, very experienced, well respected, and creative expert to build on the success of recent years and to further develop The National Archives' conservation treatment agenda. You will build on the existing expertise within the department, drive innovation and firmly establish our team on the world stage of conservation.

Working in tandem with our Conservation Science team and The National Archives' Research Department, you will constantly benchmark our conservation practice against international standards and best practice. You will work closely with the Higher Education Sector and peers around the world to find ever new and innovative solutions to our complex conservation problems and you will expand our professional network to the benefit of the team's professional development and that of our collection.

A highly effective communicator, you will lead on Collection Care's conservation treatment programme, from iconic objects to large scale operations and will push our publication output and presence at international conferences. Responsible for managing teams supporting the delivery of on-going conservation programmes, you will define priorities, manage risks and will align the conservation programme with The National Archives' strategic plan.

Join us here in beautiful Kew, just 10 minutes' walk from the Overground and Underground stations, and you can expect an excellent range of benefits. They include a pension, flexible working and childcare vouchers, as well as discounts with local businesses (e.g. beauty salons and bars). We also offer wellbeing resources (e.g. on-site therapists) and have an on-site gym, restaurant, shop and staff bar.

Closing date: 30th September 2018

Salary: 42,390 - 45,000

For more information and how to apply please follow the link: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1600786

Olivia Pinto
Recruitment Adviser
020 8392 5203
The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 4DU
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/> | www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/about/jobs<http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/about/jobs>

[cid:[log in to unmask]]<https://www.facebook.com/TheNationalArchives/>[cid:[log in to unmask]]<https://twitter.com/UkNatArchives?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor>[cid:[log in to unmask]]<https://uk.linkedin.com/company/the-national-archives-uk>

National Archives Disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and
have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do
not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor
endorsed by it.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.