This Project Archivist post is closing on Friday 8th June.
Project Archivist opportunity at Coventry Building Society - vacancy reminder
£27-30,000 pa. 6 month contract
The closing date is the 8th June 2018 with interviews the week of the 11th June.
From its foundation in the 1870s, Coventry Building Society has a long and successful history of trust and integrity. We are approaching 150 years of serving our members, and would like to take stock of our historical records and archive collections. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and imaginative project archivist to catalogue a discrete collection and think creatively about how our history should be managed in the present and preserved for the future.
• To Appraise, organise and catalogue a small and discrete historical collection
• Identify records with preservation requirements, source materials, and re-house as necessary
• Identify potential audiences for collections, researchers, internal marketing, Society staff, members, and the wider public
• Think creatively of ways in which the collection might be brought to life through exhibitions, blogs, learning materials, events
• Assist with the development of an archive strategy to explore potential, benefits, and future use.
Essential: A degree or equivalent qualification, or relevant practical experience in archives management
Desirable: A postgraduate, or relevant, qualification in archives or records management.
• Self-starter, able to work with minimal management and self-direction
• Strong project management skills with experience of delivering archive projects on time and to budget
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage own time while keeping to project plan and meeting deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to engage and work with Society staff including senior stakeholders, as well as volunteers
• Ability to appraise and catalogue a small archive collection of largely modern records
• Good understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements for retention of company records
• Have an appreciation of how the archive collections might be used to showcase the organisation’s past, and a good understanding of how technology can be exploited to achieve this
• Sound practical preservation skills
• Experience of preparing archive materials for exhibit
• Experience of oral history projects an advantage
• Experience of business archives, preferably within the financial sector is desirable.
• The post-holder will be based at Economic House in Coventry City Centre with some travel to Binley Park site and potentially other regional locations.
• The post is available on full time basis. Part time work may be considered and flexible working hours may be accommodated.
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter, explaining how you would be suitable for the role, to:
Records Management | Information Security Risk
[log in to unmask]
If you would like to have an informal conversation about the role, please email as above.
Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]
For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at