Re: interest in IfA enviro group?

Kath Hunter <[log in to unmask]>

The archaeobotany mailing list <[log in to unmask]>, Kath Hunter <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:55:30 +0100

Hi,
Im interested. it's why I havent joined before as I was so cross about
environmental being lumped in with finds all those years ago.
Kath
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lisa Gray" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 4:25 PM
Subject: interest in IfA enviro group?

Dear Colleagues,

I apologise if this is a bit 'off topic' or irrelevant to some of you
but I've just got off the phone to a client who is also the IfA Groups'
Affairs Coordinator Geoff Morely. He's wondering if there is enough
interest among IfA members, who are environmental archaeologists, to
form their own special interest group. Currently we are invited to
become part of the finds group but if 15 people are interested an IfA
environmental group can be formed. I thought this was timely given the
discussions we had at the archaeobotany workgroup and conclusions that
a 'multi-proxy' approach is a good one. Geoff has suggested that if
any of you are interested you can email me and I'll forward on to him
a list of people. He'll then get in touch with the IfA and see if any
interest has been brewing elsewhere.

best wishes,

Lisa

--