ARCH-METALS Archives

ARCH-METALS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

ARCH-METALS Home

ARCH-METALS  April 2012

ARCH-METALS April 2012

FW: Archmetals post

"Killick, David J - (killick)" <[log in to unmask]>

Arch-Metals Group <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:55:04 +0000

A correction:

Friends:

I just wanted to point out a very important correction to what David
Killick had said yesterday about my 'Slag Rings' posting.

*Lee Sauder* is the one who has been using the copper tuyere.

Although I had been part of the general work team on the two smelts that
produced the samples illustrated, I was not not much more than a 'charge
monkey'. Lee set up and managed the smelts themselves.

I will be expanding on the initial posting tomorrow (on the blog),
including some further details I've gotten since from both Lee and Skip.

Darrell

Darrell Markewitz - Artisan Blacksmith
the Wareham Forge - Historic Reproductions & Architectural Forgings
<http://www.warehamforge.ca>
Interpretive Program Design - Norse Replicas / Viking Age Equipment
<http://www.warehamforge.ca/NORSE-REPRO/norse.html>

Blog : Hammered Out Bits

Author of:
Introduction to Blacksmithing (DVD)
Historic Bladesmithing (DVD)
Forging the Viking Age (DVD)
Experimental Iron Smelting from the Viking Age (CD-ROM)
Exploring the Viking Age in Denmark (data DVD)
all available at http://www.warehamforge.ca/video.html

All materials created by Darrell Markewitz copyrighted the author.
http://www.warehamforge.ca/copy.html