***** Apologies for cross postings *****
ADVICE|2018 in Oslo, September 2018
The conference hotel Lysebu<http://www.lysebu.no/> is filling up. We can only guarantee vacant rooms (up to the capacity of the hotel) until Friday 13th July. If you consider to go, please do not hesitate to register<http://www.advice2018.bio/>. See below for more details on the meeting.
ADVICE|2018 will be a meeting to promote and develop principles and strategies for biostatistical advising in academic biomedical research. It will also be a meeting place for researchers interested in sharing insights and discussing practical, ethical, and scientific aspects of biostatistical advising/consulting.
WHEN & WHERE:
September 9-11, 2018 at Lysebu, Oslo www.lysebu.no<http://www.lysebu.no/>
Oslo Centre for Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Oslo and Oslo University Hospital
CONFIRMED INVITED KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
· Kathrine Frey Frøslie, Oslo University Hospital, Norway
· Erika Graf, University of Freiburg, Germany
· Georg Heinze, Medical Univeristy of Vienna, Austria
· Ulrike Held, University of Zürich, Switzerland
· Theis Lange, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
· Emmanuel Lesaffre, L-BioStat, Belgium
· Richard Simon, National Cancer Institute, USA
CONFIRMED SPECIAL CONTRIBUTED TALKS:
· Heather Smith, California Polytechnic State University, USA
· Eric Vance, University of Colorado Boulder, USA
"Collaboration essentials for biostatistical advising» with instructors Heather Smith, Cal Poly; Eric Vance, LISA-University of Colorado Boulder.
* 15.03.2018: Abstract submission opens. - NOTE
* 15.03.2018: Early bird registration opens - NOTE
* 15.05.2018: Abstract submission closes
* 31.05.2018: Abstract submission closes - NOTE
* 10.06.2018: Notification on abstract acceptance
* 30.06.2018: Early bird registration closes
* 31.08.2018: Registration closes
Statistics plays a key role in all empirical sciences. The growing amount of data and the increasing complexity of research has created a high demand for statistical expertise for research, teaching, and advising.
Statistical advising is part of the activities at most biostatistical departments and, in many cases, takes up considerable resources. Advising may take on a wide variety of different forms from short-term contacts to partnership in long-term collaborations with wide-ranging mutual responsibilities.
The demand for biostatistical advising and the challenges of multidisciplinary work underpin the necessity of experts in the field of biostatistical advising, junior advisors, and clients to come together to discuss challenges, solutions, evaluations, organisation, and the science of biostatistical advising.
The aim of ADVICE|2018 is to help to improve existing biostatistical advising services at universities, university hospitals, and other research centers and to foster continued education of (young) advisors. Ultimately, ADVICE|2018 aims to provide a basis for the development of a set of “best practices” on modern biostatistical scientific advising.
We invite you to come to Oslo for this meeting to participate in development of this field.
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.