fur-bearing species in Scotland

Eva Fairnell <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:42:07 +0000

Dear List
As part of my PhD research, I am interested in the biogeography of fur-
bearing species in Scotland.
I have systematically been through bone reports in the Proceedings of the
Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, its monograph series and the Scottish
Archaeological Internet Reports, for mention of fur-bearing species. I am
now looking for any reports that are published elsewhere, including any
only available within grey or unpublished literature.
My list of fur-bearing species includes cats and dogs, and the usual
suspects such as mustelids, foxes, hares and seals. I am interested in all
periods as, among other things, I will be looking at diachronic patterns in
presence.
I am particularly interested in the presence of any fur-bearing species on
Scottish islands.
If anyone knows of any relevant data, I would be very grateful.
Many thanks
Eva Fairnell
University of York

.