VISUAL-METHODS-NEWS Archives

VISUAL-METHODS-NEWS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

VISUAL-METHODS-NEWS Home

VISUAL-METHODS-NEWS  December 2011

VISUAL-METHODS-NEWS December 2011

Visual Sociology News November 2011

Elisabeth-Jane Milne <[log in to unmask]>

Visual Methods News <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 3 Dec 2011 15:43:15 +0000

Dear Friends,

Please find attached the third edition of Visual Sociology, the newsletter for the International Sociological Association Visual Sociology Thematic Group (TG05). I hope that you will enjoy reading it and will feel inspired to pass it in to colleagues and students. We welcome comments and feedback and issue an invitation to anyone interested in visual sociology to contribute to our next edition(s). You do not need to be a member to submit material although, if we are inundated with material, we reserve the right to give priority to ISA TG05 members.

In the calls section of the newsletter you will find a number of calls for publications, images and conferences, one of which is our forthcoming conference on Visual Activism and Social Justice. The deadline for abstracts is the 15th of December so if you haven't submitted an abstract please do think about it.

With best wishes
ej

Vice President ISA TG05
--
The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,

Dr 'EJ' Elisabeth-Jane Milne Research Fellow Young People Creating Belonging: spaces sounds and sights School of Applied Social Science Colin Bell Building 3S3 University of Stirling STIRLING FK9 4LA W: +44 (0)1786 466316 International Sociological Association Visual Sociology Thematic Group http://www.isa-sociology.org/tg05.htm