Help for VIEWS-OPENSIM Archives

VIEWS-OPENSIM Archives

VIEWS-OPENSIM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

VIEWS-OPENSIM Home

VIEWS-OPENSIM  October 2011

VIEWS-OPENSIM October 2011

Games and Virtual Worlds in Higher Education event, University of Edinburgh

Fiona Littleton <[log in to unmask]>

Fiona Littleton <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:53:18 +0100

Apologies for cross posting.

Games and Virtual Worlds in Higher Education
Tuesday November 15th 2011

Under the auspices of the Higher Education Academy, the Special Interest Group on Games and Virtual Worlds in Higher Education (http://www.game-sig.info/ ) is convening a workshop at the University of Edinburgh.  The conversations of the day will focus on an exploration of what higher education can learn from the increasing use of game-informed practices and virtual worlds in the schools sector.  Themes will include a look to the schools sector to identify good practices, consideration of how we should thinking about the evaluation of these practices, and how we might address the scepticism of our colleagues about the face validity of games in higher education.

The meeting will be held on the Holyrood Campus of the University’s School of Education. There will be no cost for the day, and refreshments and a light lunch will be provided.

Places are limited, so we ask for early expressions of interest in participating.  RSVP directly to [log in to unmask] Keep up to date at http://www.game-sig.info/