Help for UTSG Archives

UTSG Archives

UTSG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

UTSG Home

UTSG  November 2017

UTSG November 2017

vacancy post-doc researcher in health and digital geographies at LISER

"Dijst, M.J. (Martin)" <[log in to unmask]>

Dijst, M.J. (Martin)

Fri, 3 Nov 2017 12:00:59 +0000

The LISER institute in Luxemburg is searching talented candidates who are able to develop autonomously and in cooperation with other members and groups of the institute a promising research agenda in one of our three research departments:
- Urban Development and Mobility PDR-19-3

The deadline for applications is December 1, 2017.

While we will consider applications relevant to all thematic areas of LISER, we are particularly interested this year in appointing post-doc research fellows in the domain of health and digital geographies. We will also consider applications related to the development of LISER’s research infrastructure and more specifically related to big data.

The position within Urban Development and Mobility Department is intended to strengthen the expertise of the team in urban/environmental health (PDR-19-3). One of the major challenges of metropolitan areas is to stimulate the development of healthy urban environments and use of new technologies, which allow people to live healthier, longer lives. The candidate should have experience in intervention studies and/or e-health. Another important challenge is the digital transformation of society and its consequences; for this topic, we are looking for a candidate studying the spatial dimensions of these transformations and/or smart cities.

LISER
LISER offers a vibrant and highly stimulating international research environment. It is a publicly funded research institute located in Luxembourg and devoted to applied empirical research in economic, social and spatial sciences. Interdisciplinarity is a key element for stimulating scientific innovation. The institute attracts top researchers from all over the world and high-level student training is a vivid part of the institute’s activities. LISER is well connected to the University of Luxembourg, and also to the top universities both worldwide and in the cross-border neighbourhood.

Based on its scientific expertise and solid academic reputation, the institute addresses current and future societal challenges and provides relevant and independent policy advice both on the national and on the European level. The scientific output is not only regularly published in high profile peer reviewed journals and books, but also in form of articles reaching a wider audience. The institute staff consists of about 70 researchers from all over the world active in the fields of economics, sociology, political sciences and geography (see www.liser.lu<http://www.liser.lu>).

Qualifications / Experience
Applicants should possess an outstanding Master and PhD in urban geography or health. The positions also require affinity with policy related questions. It is expected that the candidates engage in external project funding at national and international science foundations. We also expect excellent written and spoken proficiency in English (one additional foreign language like French or German is highly appreciated).

Employment conditions
The candidates will be hired based on a contract for up to 5 years with a tenure track option. We offer highly competitive salaries and significant mobility and network funding.

Application Process
Applicants should provide the following:
1. letter of application;
2. curriculum vitae;
3. research agenda defining a specific area of research interest in line with LISER specificity;
4. copy of diplomas;
5. one job market paper;
6. three reference letters.

Send applications via the following link: https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs