The Social Dynamics team at Bell Labs Cambridge (UK) is looking for summer
interns to work on the following internship projects (also available on
1. You are what You Eat - Study food consumption data and their
relationship with people well-being. Enrolled in PhD in Computational
Social Science or related fields. Experience with Python, machine learning,
2. The Social Life of Cities - Investigate how the urban space shapes our
social relationships. Enrolled in PhD in Computational Social Science or
related fields. Experience with Python, GIS tools, network analysis.
3. The Health of the City - Analyse fine-grained health data at city scale
over time. Enrolled in PhD in Computational Social
Science. Experience with Python, machine learning, time-series analysis,
large-scale data analysis.
4. Your New Quantified Self - Study multiple signals from quantified-self
devices. Enrolled in PhD in Computational Social Science or related fields.
Experience with Python and machine learning
5. "This is not gonna help you" - Build web apps to collect psychological
perceptions of people. BSc or above in Computer Science. Experience with
design of simple Facebook apps. Interest in Computational Social Science.
6. Visual AI - Creating new beautiful and elegant techniques to display and
visualize the results of state-of-the-art artificial
intelligence models. Experience with web design and frontend development
To learn more about our research, please check our sites -
researchswinger.org, lajello.com, and goodcitylife.org
If you would like to apply, please send me your CV by *January 20th*. I
would be happy to answer any question.
Please feel free to forward this call to anybody who might be interested.