Help for UTSG Archives

UTSG Archives

UTSG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

UTSG Home

UTSG  September 2017

UTSG September 2017

Enter the new UBDC cycling Data Challenge to win great prizes

Rhiannon Law <[log in to unmask]>

Rhiannon Law <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 6 Sep 2017 14:17:35 +0000

*Apologies for cross-posting*

Enter the new UBDC cycling Data Challenge to win great prizes!

Download the data, develop your ideas and pitch your innovations to an expert judging panel to win our exciting new cycling Data Challenge and take home the 1,000 voucher prize >>> http://ubdc.ac.uk/data-challenge-2017

The benefits of cycling as a mode of transport are well documented - including saving money, improving health and a cleaner environment for all.

We're challenging you - whether you're an academic, in business, involved in a charity, a startup or a data enthusiast - to use Strava Metro data to develop innovative solutions to answer the question, how do we get more people cycling?

How the challenge works:

We'll provide you with the data and the rest is up to you! Your entry could take the form of a tool, an app, a visualisation, a linked dataset, or a new piece of software to clearly demonstrate your ideas. Following the first round of judging, selected finalists will be invited to pitch their innovations to the judging panel and an audience of event attendees at a Demo Day.

Prizes:

.	1,000 of Amazon gift vouchers for the winner/s
.	500 of Amazon gift vouchers for the runner/s up
.	500 of Amazon gift vouchers for the People's Choice Prize

All finalists will also have their travel expenses paid to attend the Demo Day.

Entries close at midnight (BST) on 1 October.

To find out more, download the data and enter visit: http://ubdc.ac.uk/data-challenge-2017

Rhiannon Law
Business and Communications Officer, Urban Big Data Centre
Phone: +44 (0)141 330 3126
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Twitter:@UrbanBigData

Address: