Postdoctoral Research Associate in Transport
School of Civil Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and IT
Reference no. 779/0417B
• Join an organisation that encourages progressive thinking
• Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience in Transport Networks
• Full-time fixed-term for 3 years, remuneration package: $106k (which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% superannuation)
About the opportunity
Applications are invited for the appointment of one Postdoctoral Research Associate (Level A) in the School of Civil Engineering, within the Faculty of Engineering and IT at the University of Sydney. The position will support the research and leadership of School of Civil Engineering in the newly launched Transport Engineering program.
The successful applicant(s) will help build the new research group headed by Professor David Levinson to further the analysis of Transport Networks, understand the relationships between Transport Networks and Land Use, and consider the implications of changing Transport Technologies on optimal Network Structure.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate who:
• Holds a PhD in civil engineering, or related fields
• Has published ground-breaking research in the area of transport networks, geo-spatial analysis, and/or econometrics in high quality international journals
• Possesses strong communications skills as the position requires liaising with government and industry stakeholders.
Details here: https://sydney.nga.net.au/publicfiles/sydney/jobs/46F16F56-343B-4ECB-BD03-A89A010A6DDC/Candidate%20Information%20pack%20.pdf
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by reference number 779/0417B for more information and to apply.
Application closing date
27 March 2018 (11:30pm Sydney Time)