Help for UTSG Archives

UTSG Archives

UTSG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

UTSG Home

UTSG  December 2017

UTSG December 2017

Vacancy - Research Scientist : Transport Analytics at Data61, CSIRO, Australia

le minh kieu <[log in to unmask]>

le minh kieu <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 21 Dec 2017 12:14:29 +1100

*Applications are invited for a permanent researcher to work with the
Advanced Data Analytics in Transport (ADAIT) team at Data61, CSIRO,
Australia. Please find the details below: *

*The position*

CSIRO's Data61 has an outstanding opportunity for an innovative researcher
with highly developed mathematical expertise to join their Advanced Data
Analytics in Transport Team.

At Data61 we bring together exceptional people from research and industry
to create an ICT research Centre of Excellence in Australia. The Advanced
Data Analytics in Transport (ADAIT) is a prestigious research and
development team of Data61. The ADAIT team resides in the Analytics Program
at Data61, one of the Top 5 world-leading research groups in its league.

The team is engaged with Transport for NSW on an innovation program to
develop a transport data analytics platform (referred to as the ADAIT
Platform) for urban transport management.  The ADAIT Platform aims to break
the fragmented data view of the urban transport system, and establish an
integrated data management and analytic capability. The platform is
intended to provide analytics-as-a-service to end-users and capable of
leveraging distributed data storage and cloud computing facilities.
Additional information on the ADAIT team can be found at: www.adait.io

In this role you will draw on your professional expertise and research
experience to develop and deploy predictive models for the operations of
multi-modal transport, intelligent mobility services and transport network
management.

*More specifically you will:*

   - Propose innovations and publish research papers on work related
   subjects.
   - Design, develop and maintain predictive machine learning models.
   - Design, develop and maintain software and toolkits in raw data
   analytics, model calibration, model verification and visualization.
   - Integrate machine learning models into the ADAIT platform

*Location:*           Eveleigh, Sydney NSW
*Salary:*               $95K - $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*Tenure: *             Indefinite
*Job reference:  *52820

*To be successful you will need:*

   - A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline
   area, such as mathematics, computer science, machine learning, artificial
   intelligence and transportation science.

·        A minimum of three years experience working as a postdoc
researcher, research scientist or junior academic staff on related subjects.

·        A solid record of publication in quality, peer reviewed journals.

·        High proficiency in advanced mathematics including constraint
programming, graph theory, stochastic process and Bayesian inference.

·        A proven record of applying mathematical solutions to machine
learning problems, e.g. Behavioural Modelling, Natural Language Processing,
Image Processing or Recommendation Systems.

·        Strong programming skills in either C++, Java, Python, R, or
MATLAB.

*Before you apply please view the full position details and selection
criteria here:  *Position description
<http://www.csiro.au/~/media/Positions/2017/Data61/52820-Research-Scientist-Data61_RSCSOF5-Final.doc>

*About us: * The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research
Organisation (CSIRO)

*We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate*. At CSIRO <http://www.csiro.au/>, we
do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve
today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by
using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass
that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that
respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.

We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and
where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more!  CSIRO Balance
<https://www.csiro.au/en/Careers/A-great-place-to-work/Work-life-balance>

*About Data61:*  In today’s data-focused world, there’s no doubt that
numbers count. Data61 are the largest data innovation group in Australia, a
connector that brings together technology innovators, businesses and
universities to transform Australian industry and to help solve our
greatest challenges. A CSIRO business, we are creating our data-driven
future.

*How to apply:*  If you wish to apply for this position, please upload *1
document only* containing your resume that best demonstrates your ability
to meet the requirements of the role as defined in the Position description
document.

*Applications close:*  11:59pm AEDT, 29 January 2018

*Apply on-line here*:
https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=52820&company=CSIRO&username
=

 With kind regards,

*Le Minh KIEU, Ph.D*

Senior Research Scientist, Advanced Data Analytics in Transport
Data61|CSIRO, Level 5, 13 Garden St, Eveleigh NSW 2015

*T* +61 2 9490 5764
*E* [log in to unmask]

*W* http://adait.io/