*Apologies for cross posting*
The Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER) is recruiting a Post-doc Researcher Smart Cities (m/f).
Due to technology-based innovations, cities are transforming. Currently, at the core of this trend are digital technologies, which enable the development and use of contextual sensing, social media and various e-services. Consequently, in these Smart Cities the spatio-temporal patterns of social interactions, traffic flows, use and exposures to environments might change. In addition, preferences for housing might look different in future from nowadays. From a policy perspective, decision-support systems for managing Smart Cities and digitalized self-management methods in various domains of urban life are under development.
The Department of Urban Development and Mobility at LISER wants to intensify research in this domain. Urban digitalization, which integrates information and communication technologies, is strongly connected with the rise of Big Data, enabling real-time monitoring, analyzing and influencing of city life. Especially, the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in combination with Big Data can help identifying spatial relationships, exposures to environmental attributes along daily and life course paths and improving predictive modelling. Following the boost given to IT infrastructure, Luxembourg, as Smart Nation, is an ideal test-bed to experiment the smart city concept by combining, among others, information technology, efficient use of energy and smart mobility.
Our ideal candidate has
* A strong interest in studying the impact of digital technologies on spatio-temporal behaviours in cities and on urban developments
* A PhD in GIS, geography, spatial planning or equivalent discipline
* Strong expertise in GIS (including data analytics, geovisualization and additional scripting development)
* Knowledge in algorithmic and computer programming skills is an asset as well as experience with computational statistics, machine learning, data learning and data mining methods
* A good publication record
* Has experience in external project funding at national and international science foundations
* Has the ability to apply to national and international calls for tenders
* Engages in and develops (inter)national networks on Smart Cities
* The position requires affinity with policy related issues
* Written and speaking proficiency in English (one additional foreign language like French or German is highly appreciated)
For more information and to apply please follow this link: https://jobs.liser.lu/jobs
The deadline for applications is extended till April, 22, 2018.
Prof. Dr. Martin Dijst
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Follow LISER on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/LISERinLUX>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/LISERinLUX> and LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/liser---luxembourg-institute-of-socio-economic-research>
This message (including any attachments) is intended for the addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and/or information protected by intellectual property rights. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. You should not use, alter, copy or distribute this message or disclose its contents to anyone. E-mail transmission can not be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Luxembourg Institute of Socio-economic Research shall not be responsible nor liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system.