Help for UKCOMICSCHOLARS Archives

UKCOMICSCHOLARS Archives

UKCOMICSCHOLARS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

UKCOMICSCHOLARS Home

UKCOMICSCHOLARS  March 2012

UKCOMICSCHOLARS March 2012

Comics Rock: Conference registration now open

Julia Round <[log in to unmask]>

Julia Round <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:55:28 +0000

(with apologies for cross-posting)

Dear all

We're delighted to let you know that registration is now open for the Third International Comics Conference, to be held at Bournemouth University, UK, 28-29 June 2012.  An additional early bird discount is available until 30 April 2012.

The current price for the whole event is just £55 for students/postgrads, £95 for all presenters (whether you are doing a paper, poster or pecha kucha session), and £105 for everyone else.  That's for two whole days of comics and conferencing, including lunch and refreshments, as well as a journal subscription!

Register at: http://comicsconference-eorg.eventbrite.com/ or via the link on our conference website: www.comics.bujournalism.info.

As a British seaside town, Bournemouth fills up quickly during the summer months, so we advise delegates to book accomodation early.  There is no set conference hotel or student accomodation available.  The conference venue is BU's Executive Business Centre, 89 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8EB.  It's very close to the train station.  There are links on the conference website to local tourist pages where you will find lists of suggested hotels and B&Bs.

We have already confirmed David Lloyd and Steve Marchant of Cartoon Classroom as keynote speakers for our Comics and Education day, and are in the process of confirming our keynotes for the Comics and Adaptation day - watch this space!  We will also be holding the first UK screening of Todd Kent's award winning documentary Comic Book Literacy, and are finalising the rest of our programme as we speak - more details will be posted on our website within the month.

Please just get in touch (email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) if you have any queries.  You can find the full list of costs here: http://comicsconference-eorg.eventbrite.com/.  Prices include lunch and refreshments, and the two-day rate also includes a journal subscription from Intellect or Routledge (either Studies in Comics or Journal of Graphic Novels and Comics, or additional titles tbc).

You can register for the conference now at: http://comicsconference-eorg.eventbrite.com/ or via the link on our conference website: www.comics.bujournalism.info.  Please do spread the word!

With very best wishes,

Julia, Chris, Joan and Dave