Re: Change of Institution

Rosalind Martin <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 15 Nov 2011 20:56:36 +0000

This has always been a problem but I agree with Joy, while an appeal is pending the student is still in the same position as they were while the application is pending however once the appeal is exhausted and the application still unsuccessful then the student will need to suspend / interrupt as they have been refused leave to study with you.  It's something that needs to be pointed out to students at registration to make sure they realise there is a risk that their studies may have to be interrupted while they sort out their visa.

you never know, the appeal could go on long enough for the student to complete his/her studies even if it's never successful!

Ros
From: Discussion and best practice regarding PBS Tier 4 compliance [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Joy Grenyer [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 15 November 2011 18:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Change of Institution

Hi Sarah

I would say that until the decision has been made - i.e. the outcome of the appeal - the student is still in the same position (sort of) as they were when their application was pending. They are protected by 3C leave and so are not overstayers etc etc. So, they should be allowed to stay on the course.

Why was the visa refused? If it was for something that will be difficult to appeal against then your decision might be made for you quite soon.....

What do the others think?

Regards to all

Joy