Help for THEORY-ORG-UK Archives

THEORY-ORG-UK Archives

THEORY-ORG-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

THEORY-ORG-UK Home

THEORY-ORG-UK  January 2012

THEORY-ORG-UK January 2012

New video / new book / PhD scholarship ...

David Gauntlett <[log in to unmask]>

David Gauntlett <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:37:07 +0000

Hello,

Just to let you know, if you're interested, that I've just made and posted online a new, concise video summarising the key ideas of 'Making is Connecting': http://bit.ly/makingvid ... It's only 4 minutes long and hopefully you might like it.

Also, since I post to this email list rarely, so as not to annoy you, you may not be aware that I recently published a new book as a Kindle exclusive at a low price. (A Kindle device is not required. You can download the free Kindle reading app for PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Android phones).

The title is: "Media Studies 2.0, and Other Battles around the Future of Media Research"

It should be of interest to students and teachers of Media Studies / Communications Studies, and those interested in social media and participatory culture. For more info see: http://www.theory.org.uk/david/kindle.htm

Finally, there are two PhD scholarships available in my department. See http://bit.ly/phd2012 for details. In particular, there's one on digital media supported by the AHRC. Please circulate to anyone who may be interested. Deadline is 5 February. Thank you!

I wish you a very happy new year.

Many thanks and best wishes

David Gauntlett
University of Westminster
http://www.theory.org.uk

We try not to annoy you too often - indeed, this list hasn't sent you a message
for several months. However, you may leave the list at any time by sending an email
to [log in to unmask] Make sure the body of the email is blank except for
the command: "SIGNOFF THEORY-ORG-UK".

The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by
guarantee.  Registration number: 977818 England.  Registered Office:
309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW, UK.