TB-SUPPORT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

TB-SUPPORT Home

TB-SUPPORT  October 2018

TB-SUPPORT October 2018

Tickets for the 23rd of October

Matt Doidge <[log in to unmask]>

Testbed Support for GridPP member institutes <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 22 Oct 2018 16:21:26 +0100

Hello all,
As promised last week I thought I'd go over the IPv6 tickets, with
probably only ~8 more working weeks left in 2018 (or to put it another
way, 64 days left until Christmas!) we want to have a good idea of our
status on this front when deadlines roll past.

But first the few regular tickets that caught my eye.

37 Open UK Tickets this week.

BIRMINGHAM
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=137801 (17/10)
For information only, the ticket charting the decommissioning of
Birmingham's DPM SE. In Progress (17/10)

LANCASTER
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=136635 (9/8)
Lancaster is having no luck shifting this availability alarm due to SRM
CertLifetime checks erroring constantly, causing 100% "Unknown" status.
Has anyone seen this before? Could we blag that it's a problem with the
check? On hold (8/10)

TIER 1
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=137195 (14/9)
Any luck fixing the Castor LDIFs to clear these ROD alarms? (I don't
seem to have permission to check the links to the tests myself). In
progress (10/10)

https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=136199 (18/7)
LHCB FTS ticket. Last update was a prod from Christophe last week asking
if there's any news. In progress (17/10)

IPv6 Tickets
(with reference to: https://www.gridpp.ac.uk/wiki/IPv6_site_status)

RALPP: https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=131616
No update for a long while on either the ticket or the table after some
promising progress. In Progress (31/1)

OXFORD: https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=131615
Last update on the ticket back in July describes v6 as the blocker, is
this still the case? On Hold (13/7)

CAMBRIDGE: https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=131614
Some nice progress with the site perfsonar boxen dual-stacked. The table
is also up to date. Nice. In progress (8/10)

BRISTOL: https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=131613
Some recent discussion with CMS and Duncan, xroot works for v6 but
srm/gridftp doesn't. I think steps have been made to fix this (from an
entry in the table) but I'm not sure what they were! In progress (11/10)

BIRMINGHAM: https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=131612
Mark's update back in August painted a familiar picture of central IT
dragging their heels. As ALICE consider v6 a necessary thing Mark has
been asked to keep up the pressure. No recent update on the table. On
hold (27/8)

GLASGOW: https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=131611
Some good progress here, with some v6-ining (or dual-stacking) of the
perfsonar boxes and a hope to be able to dual-stack the storage by the
end of the year. Duncan spotted a few problems (that might be ip6table
related), but I understand Gareth was off last week. The table entry is
up to date too, sterling stuff.  In progress (12/10)

EDINBURGH: https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=131610
Dual-stacking has caused a lot of interesting times at ECDF. Rob gave a
good update on their situation last month, and the table is up to date.
Interesting that v6 traffic won't go through the JANET link for the site
(it must have at one point, right?). Any recent news about dual-stacking
your disk nodes? In Progress (10/9)

DURHAM: https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=131609
Adam provided an update last week, with (again) reverse IPv6 DNS being a
sticking point (despite v6 traffic otherwise flowing fine). Adam's
expected timeframe for being able to do a full v6 rollout is mid-2019.
Whilst it's depressing it's good to know this ahead of time. No update
on the table since 2015 though, but looking at the last entry there you
could just change the date. In progress (should be on hold?) (17/10)

SHEFFIELD: https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=131608
Things looked a bit hopeful with work in this area (re-)scheduled to
start in July, but it looks like thing stalled. Any news? The table
mirrors the last update. On hold (10/7)

MANCHESTER: https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=131607
The perfsonars are dual-stacked but IIUI v6 reverse DNS is again the
sticking point that prevents dual-stacking the storage. The table entry
is more up to date then the ticket. On hold (25/4)

LIVERPOOL: https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=131606
The Liver-admins were waiting on new routers needed to sort out the
site's v6 problems back in June. Any news at all since? Bad news is
better then no news in this case. In progress (On hold it?) (4/6)

UCL: https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=131604
An update today that Ben is hoping to reinstall and dual-stack their
perfsonar this week. As they have no storage that will be them sorted if
it all goes to plan. In progress (22/10)

RHUL: https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=131603
Perfsonars are dual-stacked, but the v6 reverse lookup is a problem
again which is a problem for storage. Table and ticket are up to date,
but has this work been properly handed over to Antonio and Simon? In
progress (10/9)

And that's all folks!

Cheers,
Matt