TB-SUPPORT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

TB-SUPPORT Home

TB-SUPPORT  November 2018

TB-SUPPORT November 2018

Tickets for the 6th of November

Matt Doidge <[log in to unmask]>

Testbed Support for GridPP member institutes <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 5 Nov 2018 15:54:56 +0000

Hello all,
The traditional autumn festivals are just about out of the way, and
it'll soon be a run straight through to Christmas!

Normally I'd go over all the UK tickets today, but I thought I'd save
the IPv6 tickets for next week.

41 Open UK Tickets this month

SUSSEX
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=138071 (2/11)
A fresh ticket from atlas about SRM problems. The lack of links in the
ticket made it hard for Leo to debug, and he has asked for
clarification. Waiting for reply (2/11)

BIRMINGHAM
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=138026 (31/10)
A ticket concerning the alice VOBOX at Birmingham. It looks like the
problem went away on its on and this ticket can be closed, but there
appear that there will be other conversations to have about alice needs
at Birmingham at a later date. In Progress (can be closed) (3/11)

https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=137801 (17/10)
A Birmingham related ticket rather then a ticket for the site, the
tracking of the decommissioning of their DPM SE. I can't quite remember
how things are properly done, but shouldn't this be put On Hold until
the 28th November? In progress (22/10)

BRISTOL
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=138041 (1/11)
A CMS ticket concerning failing transfers. Lukasz has traced the problem
due to the files being on disk but not in the namespace, and emailed the
dpm support list for help fixing this (if a fix is possible). In
progress (5/11)

OXFORD
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=137941 (25/10)
Sno+ had problems accessing data on the Oxford SE due to BDII issues.
Kashif fixed the IPv6 routing problems that were the cause of these, and
things are working once again. Another ticket that can be closed. In
progress (30/10)

GLASGOW
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=134689 (23/4)
Request to upgrade Perfsonar boxes to CentOS7. Gareth gave his plan and
(good) reasons why they won't be able to do this just yet at Glasgow -
getting v6 working comes first. On hold (30/10)

ECDF
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=137985 (29/10)
Atlas deletion errors at Edinburgh. Andy is reckoning this is a
consistency problem as the system tries to delete files that aren't
there anymore, and has asked if it's lots of different file deletion
attempts failing or the same few deletion attempts failing repeatedly. I
used to have a dodgy bash script that could help with that (by working
on the downloaded xml from the DDM pages), but I don't think it made it
off of our old SE I'm afraid. Waiting for reply (1/11)

DURHAM
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=134687 (23/4)
Request to upgrade Perfsonar to CentOS7. It was mentioned verbally that
this has been postponed to be part of "CentOS 7 Big Push" early next
year, could that be put into the ticket. Be aware that Perfsonar support
on SL6 will end soon though (we're already in the "grace period"). In
progress (26/9)

SHEFFIELD
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=137732 (15/10)
One of the ROD availability tickets, waiting for the time to pass.
There's been a good stretch of green 100%s in the argo monitoring, so
things are looking good. On hold (15/10)

https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=138095 (5/11)
Another ROD ticket, this is for the "APEL-Pub" tests. Set In Progress (5/11)

MANCHESTER
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=137112 (11/9)
An atlas ticket about Manchester's Space Token numbers being broken
after trouble with a draining script moving data outside of the tokens.
The process to move them back was expected to take weeks. How are things
looking now? Tim provided some figures from rucio a few weeks back, but
that picture might be out of date now. On Hold (16/10)

LANCASTER
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=136635 (9/8)
A very long running low availability ticket caused by issues with
Lancaster's SE. The recent problems were caused by the CertLifetime
check not working for a while during the move to DOME was underway,
returning an "Unknown" status. As every other aspect of our DPM worked
in that time I've requested a recomputation, which may or may not be a
bit cheeky. On Hold (5/11)

https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=137996 (30/10)
Another ROD ticket (sorry ROD shifters), this time failing a
non-critical http test. The issue has been tracked to a problem in the
DOME code and a fix will hopefully be out this month. Until then... On
Hold (5/11)

QMUL
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=134573 (17/4)
CMS request to install singularity, on hold until the QM move to
CentOS7. CMS has re-poked the ticket, asking again for the site's plans.
On Hold (31/10)

BRUNEL
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=133956 (9/3)
CMS ticket regarding Brunel's xroot configs. Raul has done some work
involving DOME in the background, perhaps some of that progress could be
used to update the ticket? In progress (16/10)

TIER 1
https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=138033 (1/11)
Atlas singularity jobs failing at RAL, with some reference to similar
issues for SKA. It's being looked at, and Tim has provided some extra
observations. In progress (1/11)

https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=137650 (9/10)
CMS seeing low HC xroot success rates at RAL. Lots of back and forth on
the ticket, I don't think a conclusion has been reached yet though. In
progress (2/11)

https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=138077 (2/11)
CMS SAM tests failing at RAL. Things seem to have healed themselves, but
John has asked some team members to check the logs. In progress (5/11)

https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=138103 (5/11)
CMS transfers failing - the cause looks to be a zero-sized "stub file"
causing issues, and it's being investigated. In progress (5/11)

https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=138002 (29/10)
CMS problems with the FTS, with a lot of sites seeing "bad transfer
quality". Investigations pointed to a IPv6 problem that has since been
fixed. However Gareth couldn't see an endemic issue with the RAL FTS
whilst looking through the plots, and has asked for clarification.
Waiting for reply (5/11)

https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=137897 (23/10)
enmr.eu jobs have zero normalised CPU hours in the accounting portals.
It seems to have been a problem with the data the site reported. Catalin
has asked the VO if anything changed around the 16th of October, and to
resubmit some more jobs so they can watch them. Waiting for reply (5/11)

https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=137752 (15/10)
A request to replicate the OSG cvmfs repositories on the EGI stratum 1s.
These have been replicated to the RAL servers, so I don't know what the
next steps are. In progress (2/11)

https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=136199 (18/7)
One of a few LHCB FTS tickets, it looks like the work here has
progressed nicely so maybe this ticket can be closed? Or is it waiting
on all LHCB FTS issues to be solved? In progress (1/11)

https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=137822 (18/10)
FTS servers seemingly in a bad state for LHCB. I think this is being
worked on, but no news in this particular ticket. In progress (22/10)

https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=138028 (1/11)
LHCB noticing files cannot be staged from tape to disk. The issue is
somewhat understood (there is a copy of the file on disk elsewhere), but
it's unsure why the resulting disk-to-disk transfer fails so the ticket
is being kept open. In progress (1/11)

https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=136701 (14/8)
LHCB ticket regarding the high background rate of failures putting job
output into RAL. I don't think a conclusion has been reached, the last
update has Chris from LHCB collecting some more stats and saying that
LHCB hope to be using direct xroot connections in the not too distant
future. In progress (17/10)

https://ggus.eu/?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=137153 (12/9)
T2K having trouble with zero sized files in the LFC. The LFC devs have
been contacted for help, but that was a few weeks back. Any news from
them? In progress (10/10)

And that's all the (non-IPv6) tickets!

Cheers all!
Matt