Panopto (http://www.panopto.com)

Peter Robinson <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:35:16 +0100

Dear All,

Panopto  - http://www.panopto.com

I'd welcome any thoughts on this software service ?  Anyone using it ?? Anyone trailing it ?

http://www.lecturecapture.com/index.php?/topic/250-anyone-using-panopto-how-does-it-compare-to-echo360/

Overview
========

With Panopto Hosted, organizations can start working with Panopto right away. Content resides on our secure servers and is available whenever and wherever your audience needs it.
You benefit from Panopto's advanced technology and more:

	• Simple application download and installation – begin recording in minutes
	• We take care of the back-end infrastructure and maintenance, leaving your IT department free for other projects
	• You control your content. Using Panopto Focus’ management tools, you decide who can view your recordings
	• Quick and painless presentation editing without downloading or uploading massive media files. Create as many different  "edits" of your original recording as you like
	• Text-based search available within all recordings. Looking for a word or phrase within a presentation? Use our integrated search feature to find it

Peter Robinson
Manager LTG Services
Learning Technologies Group,
Oxford University Computing Services,
13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN.  Tel: 01865 283282

Free lectures from Oxford University -  http://itunes.ox.ac.uk
JISC Steeple project - http://steeple.oucs.ox.ac.uk
Open Education projects - http://openspires.oucs.ox.ac.uk/