Help for SLUMTOURISM Archives

SLUMTOURISM Archives

SLUMTOURISM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

SLUMTOURISM Home

SLUMTOURISM  February 2012

SLUMTOURISM February 2012

Slum Tourism Special Issue in Tourism Geographies

"Frenzel, Fabian (Dr.)" <[log in to unmask]>

Frenzel, Fabian (Dr.)

Mon, 27 Feb 2012 11:25:20 +0000

Dear all
I am very pleased to annouce the online publication of Tourism Geographies forthcoming Special Issue: Global Perspectives on Slum Tourism with a wide rande of empirical and theoretical perspectives on the phenomenon.

http://slumtourism.net/journal-article-academic/special-issue-tourism-geographies-on-slum-tourism/

Table of Content

Special Issue: Global Perspectives on Slum Tourism
Edited by Fabian Frenzel and Ko Koens

Slum Tourism: Developments in a Young Field of Interdisciplinary Tourism Research
Fabian Frenzel & Ko Koens
Pages: 1-18
DOI: 10.1080/14616688.2012.633222

‘We did the Slum!’ – Urban Poverty Tourism in Historical Perspective
Malte Steinbrink
Pages: 1-22
DOI: 10.1080/14616688.2012.633216

Poor but Happy: Volunteer Tourists’ Encounters with Poverty
Émilie Crossley
Pages: 1-19
DOI: 10.1080/14616688.2011.611165

Slum Tourism: Representing and Interpreting ‘Reality’ in Dharavi, Mumbai
Peter Dyson
Pages: 1-21
DOI: 10.1080/14616688.2011.609900

Informal Urbanism and the Taste for Slums
Kim Dovey & Ross King
Pages: 1-19
DOI: 10.1080/14616688.2011.613944

Mobile Imaginaries, Portable Signs: Global Consumption and Representations of Slum Life
Uli Linke
Pages: 1-26
DOI: 10.1080/14616688.2012.633218

Glimpses of Another World: The Favela as a Tourist Attraction
Thomas Frisch
Pages: 1-19
DOI: 10.1080/14616688.2011.609999

Encounters over Garbage: Tourists and Lifestyle Migrants in Mexico
Eveline Dürr
Pages: 1-17
DOI: 10.1080/14616688.2012.633217

A review of “Tourism and Poverty”
Cristina Jönsson
Pages: 1-3
DOI: 10.1080/14616688.2012.633221

Dr Fabian Frenzel
Lecturer in the Political Economy of Organisation
School of Management
Leicester University
University Road
Leicester