The Executive Council are aware that we could do more, and be more aware of, the concerns and issues facing colleagues who are at an early point in their career as screenwriting researchers. For that reason, we have decided to co-opt someone on to the Executive Council, with a brief specifically to represent this point of view as Early Career Representative.
We’d like to call for nominations, from anyone interested in taking this on for a year. The appointment will be made by the Council, as with any co-opted member. Co-opted members contribute to all and any discussions, but do not have a vote (if it should ever come to that!). The specifics are as follows:
• The Representative should be within 5 years of having completed their PhD, or within 5 years of their earliest work in the area of screenwriting research (if they have no PhD or equivalent).
• ‘early’ therefore refers to duration of experience in the field, and not age.
• Interested persons can self-nominate.
• Names can also be put forward by others, also, but need to be accompanied by information on the nominee and confirmation that they are interested in serving.
• Each nomination should be accompanied by a CV, and a short statement of interest in the appointment (max 250 words).
• The deadline for submission of nominations is Monday June 4th. Please submit to Ian W. Macdonald (Secretary, SRN) at [log in to unmask]
The intention is to maintain each appointment for a year, so the first appointee will serve from the AGM 2018 until AGM 2019. The Early Career Rep will ‘attend’ the monthly Skype meetings of the Exec Council (which normally last up to an hour), and will take forward any ideas and plans in relation to early researchers, with the support of the Council, of course.
If this interests you, please send in a nomination as soon as possible, and no later than the deadline.
We look forward to hearing from you!