Help for SCOTTISH-EASSESSMENT-GROUP Archives

SCOTTISH-EASSESSMENT-GROUP Archives

SCOTTISH-EASSESSMENT-GROUP Archives

SCOTTISH-EASSESSMENT-GROUP@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

SCOTTISH-EASSESSMENT-GROUP Home

SCOTTISH-EASSESSMENT-GROUP Home

SCOTTISH-EASSESSMENT-GROUP  September 2011

SCOTTISH-EASSESSMENT-GROUP September 2011

ANNOUNCING: The 6th Annual Assessment Tomorrow Edinburgh CONFERENCE supported by SQA

Jeff Ross <[log in to unmask]>

Jeff Ross <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:58:41 +0100

With apologies for confusion, but just to confirm the conference date is the 17th November.

ANNOUNCING:  The 6th Annual Assessment Tomorrow Edinburgh CONFERENCE supported by SQA
‘Technology and its role in Curriculum for Excellence’
17th November 2011 at the Grosvenor Hilton Hotel, Edinburgh
with the support and principal sponsorship of SQA
www.scotland.assessmenttomorrow.com
Announcing our sixth annual Scottish conference working with SQA and looking at the practical issues of selecting, implementing and using e-Assessment from formative assessment and e-portfolios to e-testing for high stakes qualifications.

Scotland has been at the forefront of developing and implementing learning and training that is assessed using the latest IT and ICT techniques and technologies. The range of options and solutions in the marketplace is growing rapidly. For those selecting, implementing or using computer based assessment (in all its forms) this is challenging and delivering the benefits a daunting task. There is an increasing expectation by students, employees, assessors and government that the technology will be available to use in a secure, robust and fit for purpose manner. As new technologies develop, the initial e-Assessment ideas are also being replaced by ideas that take assessment further away from its traditional forms.

The conference will be chaired by Professor Cliff Beevers. Emeritus Professor of Mathematics at Heriot-Watt University, and we are delighted to announce that in addition to the list of speakers already confirmed we will also hear from Grahame Smart, AST Maths Teacher and Andy McPherson,  Projects Director, LearnTPM.

Come along and help us examine some of these profound changes and the impact on learning, teaching and training. The fee for the conference is £225 per delegate plus VAT less a £35 discount for Schools and Colleges. Bookings can be made using the attached brochure or online at www.scotland.assessmenttomorrow.com . We trust you or one of your colleagues will be able to join us for what will certainly prove to be an invaluable and thought-provoking conference.

Conference also sponsored by BTL, Calibrand, eComScotland, and Scholar

Attendees can help to examine and debate some of these profound changes and the impact they will have on learning, teaching and assessment.

The fee for the conference has been held for the 6th consecutive at the rate of £225 per delegate plus VAT. The discounted rate for Schools, Universities and Colleges is £190 + VAT.

Bookings can be made, and more details found at www.scotland.assessmenttomorrow.com

We trust you or one of your colleagues will be able to join us for what will certainly prove to be an invaluable and thought-provoking conference.

Jeff Ross
Director, Assessment Tomorrow
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Telephone: +44 (0) 7785 92039