Collaborative Communities – Connecting with our networks
The CILIPS Annual Conference 2018 will take place in the Apex Hotel, Dundee on 4th and 5th June. Margaret Menzies, CILIPS President in 2018, will host two days of presentations, workshops, discussion and engagement with Scotland’s library and information community.
Book your place here: https://cilips.formstack.com/forms/cilipsconference2018
- The importance of libraries and reading – Louise Welsh, award winning author and Professor of Creative Writing at the University of Glasgow
- Developing digital in libraries: David McNeill, Director of Digital, SCVO
- Libraries, literature and Scotland’s developing Culture Strategy – Leoni Bell
- Collaborative Communities – HE, FE and school libraries working together
- Books behind bars – why prison libraries matter – Pete White, Positive Prisons and James King, Head of Learning & Skills, Scottish Prison Service
- The Year of Young People: Looking at information needs with Young Scot- Kirsten Urquhart, Information Services Director
- Embracing the First Minister’s Reading Challenge – Scottish Book Trust
- Search strategies and textual analysis – Dr Paul Cleverley
- Spreading the word – podcasting and Falkirk Libraries
- Mischief Makers: Celebrating the 80th anniversary of the Beano with the Summer Reading Challenge
- Case study – Wikimedia and libraries
- Active-E: Profiling a successful service
- Protecting our freedom – Libraries and privacy
- CILIP special session on employer engagement
- Open access in Scotland
- The right information for patients- NHS Inform
- A reader development workshop
And much more to be announced soon.
We hope to see you there.