Re: Searchable repository for resources

Adele Cushing <[log in to unmask]>

A forum for ILT practitioners in RSC West Midlands region <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:18:15 +0100

You could create an index in Word with hyperlinks to individual files or
complete folders on your network drive.

Adele
South Nottingham College

-----Original Message-----
From: A forum for ILT practitioners in RSC West Midlands region
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Russell Pentz
Sent: 28 June 2007 17:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Searchable repository for resources

We are trying to encourage staff to save resources in a central location

on our network. This in itself is an uphill battle.  We do not have a
web
based intranet and so all resources are stored in a simple folder
system.
This makes it even more difficult for staff to find any resources they
might want.
I am looking for a way that we can create a searchable repository of
resources as well as website links.
Any help will be appreciated.

Russell Pentz
Derwen College

addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of
the message.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and spam by SurfControl
RiskFilter - E-mail.