Help for RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK Archives

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK Archives

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK Home

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK  August 2006

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK August 2006

Re: Where Records Management and Compliance Sit, together or apart - You decide!

"Tinsley, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>

Tinsley, Chris

Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:27:46 +0100

EDRM is just an application and like other applications should be
supported by ICT but not run by them. It is far too important to leave
to technical people. The nuts and bolts RM issues should be dealt with
by a suitably qualified/experienced individual.

WCC are in the process of rolling out an EDRM (as are most people) this
is seen as a project and is being rolled out by a project manager with a
small team, none of whom are RM's.  The project is now run under the
Information Management team who exist in the ICT section. I suppose we
are trying to cover as many bases as possible.

Chris Tinsley MSc
Wiltshire County Council