Help for RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK Archives

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK Archives

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK Home

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK  September 2018

RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK September 2018

Re: [EXT] Re: Drive migration - linked data

Sam Seldon <[log in to unmask]>

Sam Seldon <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 4 Sep 2018 07:58:31 +0000

I would agree with Neil.  There are two different ways of linking a file and dependent upon which was has been used (quite often both methods are), you will find that some links will remain in place and working whilst others are broken and need a 'repair job' done on them.  If you need more information search for 'relative file links / paths' and you should find more helpful information, this will not however solve your problem.

Thanks
Sam

Sam Seldon
IG Manager & DP Officer | Technical Services
https://ts.sunderland.ac.uk <https://ts.sunderland.ac.uk/> | Tel: 0191 515 2040
Room 202, St Peter’s Gate, Charles Street, Sunderland , SR6 0AN