Help for PERF-STUD-NET Archives

PERF-STUD-NET Archives

PERF-STUD-NET@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

PERF-STUD-NET Home

PERF-STUD-NET  May 2012

PERF-STUD-NET May 2012

ECLAP Survey on Best Practices in the digital performing arts field

Celyne van Corven <[log in to unmask]>

Celyne van Corven <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 14 May 2012 18:10:32 +0100

Dear colleague,

ECLAP - the e-library for performing arts - is a social network and best practice platform for digitized performing arts heritage and it is part of the Europeana family (www.europeana.eu). ECLAP is bringing together performing arts collections (videos, photographs, texts, essays, etc.) cultural institutions across Europe. Many of these have never been made accessible online until now. On behalf of the community of archives, libraries and museums with performing arts collections, we ask that you help us by participating in our survey that we are holding in order to determine best practices in the digital performing arts field. In recent years there has been a growing demand for reliable data about digitisation, access to digital heritage collections, and the preservation of digital heritage materials in the memory institutions of Europe. The performing arts are new to this field and it is precisely for this reason that your support is imperative.

Aim of the survey:
We are gathering both quantitative and qualitative data for a Best Practices report in organisations with performing arts collections about the topics of the three ECLAP Working Groups: