Help for PASS Archives

PASS Archives

PASS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

PASS Home

PASS  March 2019

PASS March 2019

Re: Programming-as-Social-Science article

"John D. Boy" <[log in to unmask]>

Programming as Social Science (PaSS)

Wed, 27 Mar 2019 15:42:42 +0100

Hi Phil,

Congrats on the publication, and thanks for alerting us (and reminding
me of the existence of this list!).

I enjoyed reading it immensely!

It's triggering all kinds of thoughts about research and pedagogy which
I may try to write down for the list at a later date.

In the meantime I just wanted to share that your discussion of
"militant" bots reminds me of the @RedScareBot that used to be very
active on Twitter.

Congrats again!

John

PS: Do you intend to upload your preprint someplace, so that we can
alert nonacademics (such as a few self-declared "bots' rights activists"
I follow on the fediverse) to it?

Quoting Brooker, Phillip (2019-03-26 21:20:16)