Help for OPENEDSIG Archives

OPENEDSIG Archives

OPENEDSIG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

OPENEDSIG Home

OPENEDSIG  February 2018

OPENEDSIG February 2018

Learning through Listening: Creating Open Spaces for Interdisciplinary Dialogue

Christa Appleton <[log in to unmask]>

Open Education Special Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 27 Feb 2018 10:35:39 +0000

Dear colleagues

I am pleased to announce that registration for ‘Learning through Listening: Creating open spaces for interdisciplinary dialogue’ is now open. The event draws on the resources and experiences of the HEFCE Catalyst funded teaching innovation project ‘Unmaking Single Perspectives: a Listening Project’ currently running at Keele University. The event is free to attend and all resources will be made available under a free to use and share CC licence. The event will explore pedagogies of listening and one-to-one communication that enables and facilitates learning from others through interdisciplinary and inter-cultural dialogue. At Keele we have used approaches from such pedagogies to raise awareness of, and explore, sustainable development, as defined by the United Nations Sustainable Goals, however the dialogic approaches and activities we have used are fully transferable to other contexts.

If you have an interest in enhancing student experience and developing transferable skills, interdisciplinary collaboration, dialogic approaches or sustainable development this workshop is for you. There will be an opportunity to find out more about the project and our approaches, try out some of the activities we have developed for yourself and take part in discussion aimed at sharing and developing high quality learning and teaching practice in higher education.

The event is offered at three different locations around the UK:
19th March - Keele University, Staffordshire,
18th April - South Bank University, London
23 April - Edinburgh University, Scotland

Full details and registration can be found on the project website:
https://www.keele.ac.uk/listeningproject/projectevents/disseminationevents/

For more information about this project
Read the blog: https://usplisteningproject.wordpress.com/
Follow us on Twitter: @UPSlistenproj