Help for OER-DISCUSS Archives

OER-DISCUSS Archives

OER-DISCUSS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

OER-DISCUSS Home

OER-DISCUSS  April 2011

OER-DISCUSS April 2011

Re: Mini Projects: Why no bids for projects 1 and 2? Hmm?

Pat Lockley <[log in to unmask]>

Open Educational Resources <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:42:49 +0100

> In part.  Also in part since these are close to Learning Registry ideas, I
> was hoping someone else would take an independent view on them and provide
> some wonderful new insights.
>>
>> If you have any other comments or suggestions regarding this call please
>> do let us know.
>
> So I'll be candid -- in my view, the submissions were pretty main stream in
> terms of how they view the repository and content ecosystem; not to say that
> this is bad.  As I noted before, I was hoping to see something completely
> unexpected come forth as ideas.  So I do wonder if #1 and #2 are outside of
> people's current comfort zones and models of how the ecosystem works.

Its feels slightly unfair to me to describe / attribute projects with
certain characteristics, especially when i haven't come up with a bid.

I think the open call is more suited to people's current projects, and
that's why that got more. Could the projects be implemented by someone
in their own time?