Help for OCTEL-PUBLIC Archives

OCTEL-PUBLIC Archives

OCTEL-PUBLIC@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

OCTEL-PUBLIC Home

OCTEL-PUBLIC  April 2013

OCTEL-PUBLIC April 2013

Activity 0.3 Exploring and experimenting

Sandra Huskinson <[log in to unmask]>

ocTEL public mailing list <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 9 Apr 2013 10:37:52 +0100

Experimenting has been interesting via the different channels of communication. I've found I get replies relatively quickly via all forms of media. Keeping tweets short is a challenge. The learning in either format is good although things are limited in twitter useful links are posted. I don't think there is a 'best' for reflection, challenging or learning as I found each format did this in its own way.
I think twitter is better at relationship building as following each person and replying is very easy as you don't have the 'ok the post' email you get with the list. I'm more likely to post the activity answers in here as I can typing more.
I haven't used a blog as I have found that is too individual to one person even though others have posted I wanted to keep this within the community for this course. I'm actually seeing the list as a reflective diary like a blog.

Sandra

1. I prefer to receive just one daily email with all the conversations in it

send an email to [log in to unmask]  with no subject and the command in the body of the email.

SET OCTEL-PUBLIC DIGESTS

2. I don't want to receive any emails, but just read the conversations on the JISCMail website

send an email to [log in to unmask]  with no subject and the command in the body of the email.

SET OCTEL-PUBLIC NOMAIL

3. I am not interested in these email conversations and will stick to other ocTEL discussions only

send an email to [log in to unmask]  with no subject and the command in the body of the email:

UNSUBSCRIBE OCTEL-PUBLIC

More options: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/subscribers/subscribercommands.html
http://octel.alt.ac.uk/course-discussions/