Help for NEUTRINO-MC-SUPPORT Archives

NEUTRINO-MC-SUPPORT Archives

NEUTRINO-MC-SUPPORT@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

NEUTRINO-MC-SUPPORT Home

NEUTRINO-MC-SUPPORT  February 2018

NEUTRINO-MC-SUPPORT February 2018

Re: Are there any ways to simulate the interactions of very-high-energy neutrinos by GENIE?

Costas Andreopoulos <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 8 Feb 2018 10:29:02 +0000

No, don’t enable the VHE. It only gives you the Glashow resonance if you care to simulate neutrinos above 6 PeV
and it has no other effect. GENIE has a LO model and I seem to think that NLO corrections to the cross-section
are probably below 5% for energies below 1 PeV. You could increase the energy, but keep an eye for possible
oddities in kinematical selection or numerical integration (perhaps the algorithms are not well optimised if much
of the strength shifts to very low Bjorken x, and there might be built-in thresholds on the minimum value of x which
may start having an impact).

cheers
Costas

—