NEUTRINO-MC-CORE Archives

NEUTRINO-MC-CORE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

NEUTRINO-MC-CORE Home

NEUTRINO-MC-CORE  June 2018

NEUTRINO-MC-CORE June 2018

Re: NuInt 2018

Costas Andreopoulos - UKRI STFC <[log in to unmask]>

Costas Andreopoulos - UKRI STFC <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 3 Jun 2018 22:03:15 +0000

Not all our talks need to carry an explicit GENIE label. Ultimately, I feel this limits the number of talks we can give because there will always be some (low) quota for generator groups. But there is no reason why, for example, Teppei can give a talk on (GENIE) hadronization and Callum can give a talk on bubble chamber data fits (incl GENIE), but GENIE authors working on the same topics must squeeze a couple of slides in the GENIE summary talk or must compete against each other for a limited number of “GENIE” talks. I think we should have a single GENIE summary talk, as always. Then we can try to promote a number of other talks focussing on specific phenomenology / tuning work (this work may be implemented in GENIE, but this is not the main feature - indeed, the emphasis should be on the phenomenology, not GENIE).

The following are possible talks I know about from STWG work (there may be others from NPWG, PPWG developments). 1 and 2 is mature enough work. 3 will be developed over the summer and I believe it should be mature enough by NuInt. 4 will is partially developed and may or may not be something we can present by NuInt.

1 - Pion production model fits to free-nucleon/deuterium data
2 - Quantitative characterisation of comprehensive neutrino interaction models
3 - New hadronization model tunes and evaluation of model uncertainty
4- Global fits of neutrino-nucleus data

cheers

Dr. Costas Andreopoulos
Associate Professor