Help for MUSIC-AND-SCIENCE Archives

MUSIC-AND-SCIENCE Archives

MUSIC-AND-SCIENCE@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MUSIC-AND-SCIENCE Home

MUSIC-AND-SCIENCE  October 2017

MUSIC-AND-SCIENCE October 2017

Head of Research Vacancy - Nordoff Robbins

Ian Cross <[log in to unmask]>

Ian Cross <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 10 Oct 2017 14:14:41 +0100

** This list is managed by Dr Evangelos Himonides (UCL), on behalf of the Society for Education and Music Psychology Research (sempre), and aims to serve as a discussion forum for researchers working at the shared boundaries of science and music. This list was previously managed by the Institute of Musical Research. **

MESSAGE FOLLOWS:

Vacancy          Head of Research

Salary:             £38,254 pa plus £1,500 London Weighting pa

Location:        London, NW5 1PQ

This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified person to lead our small team of researchers (currently including researcher, data analyst and a research assistant) in pursuing a portfolio of research and impact evaluation activities which support the charity’s work across a wide range of settings across England and Wales.

Nordoff Robbins is the UK’s largest provider of music therapy services after the NHS. We train our own music therapists on our Master of Music Therapy (Nordoff Robbins): Music, Health, Society programme and also run a music therapy MPhil / PhD programme (both of which are validated by Goldsmiths, University of London): there are opportunities for the post holder to contribute to each of these programmes. The main focus of the post, however, is to lead and manage a portfolio of research and impact evaluation activities which support the work of the charity.

Given the attention to empirical detail and the focus on personal-musical experience within the Nordoff Robbins tradition, as well as the turn to the social in music therapy more generally in recent years, we require the post holder to be particularly experienced in qualitative methodologies. However, it is also important that they are able to make use of quantitative methods and to support researchers’ work across the methodological spectrum.

We anticipate attracting applications from candidates whose PhDs and subsequent research experience lies in the fields of music therapy, music sociology, music psychology or other related fields.

The post has become vacant following the appointment of the current post holder to a prestigious position at the Royal College of Music.

For further information and details on how to apply, please visit the careers section on our website:

https://www.nordoff-robbins.org.uk/careers-page

Closing date for completed applications is 5.00pm Friday 13th October 2017.