Help for MOODLE-UK Archives

MOODLE-UK Archives

MOODLE-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MOODLE-UK Home

MOODLE-UK  July 2012

MOODLE-UK July 2012

Re: Slow links to Microsoft Office Documents

Shirley Crawford <[log in to unmask]>

UK Moodle Users JISCMail list <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 2 Jul 2012 18:47:52 +0000

Yes good idea to save as pdfs for some documents.

The one thing I use for PowerPoint presentations is ISpring, this converts the presentation to flash video which plays in the browser window, learners do not need PowerPoint installed on their PC to view, also means presentation cannot be copied.  We use the free version of Ispring which now has a quiz maker to put quizzes in the presentation.  http://www.ispringsolutions.com/free_powerpoint_to_flash_converter.html you need to register to download.

Another useful tip is to use Insert/Photo Album in PowerPoint, it automatically inserts all the pictures you select then use Ispring to convert presentation and upload to Moodle, you then have an instant slide show in Moodle.

Shirley

Shirley Crawford
E-Learning Teaching Mentor
(Room J453 Tel: external<tel:external>: 01726 226755 ext 2755)
Cornwall College - St Austell