MOODLE-UK Archives

MOODLE-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MOODLE-UK Home

MOODLE-UK  October 2008

MOODLE-UK October 2008

Re: [CHAMPIONS] Moodle gradebook:

"James Ballard (ULCC)" <[log in to unmask]>

UK Moodle Users JISCmail list <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:15:07 +0100

Hi Tony,

You can "turn editing on" for the gradebook and enter results directly, or import from CSV. You can also edit items, categories and calculations. With editing on you can treat each entry as a cell, with items as column headers, and categories as groups of columns for calculations which is pretty much a basic spreadsheet like Excel. It is a massive advancement from 1.8.

We also use outcomes and are doing a lot of development work in this area for using these on vocational courses. There are some good examples of using the gradebook to deliver GCSE, A-Level and BTEC and we are working closely with institutions delivering NVQs, Apprenticeships and Diplomas to use this feature effectively. That covers quite a range of Edexcel qualifications, although is by no means specific to any awarding body. We have a few screenshots of this in action on our development page: http://moodle.ulcc.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=140 which shows some uses of Outcomes.

Yours
James
Learning Technologist
University of London Computer Centre

| 20 Guilford Street | London WC1N 1DZ |
| 020 7692 1308 | http://moodle.ulcc.ac.uk |