J Ross Nicoll <[log in to unmask]>

List dedicated to technical discussions about Moodle <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 6 Jul 2012 10:30:38 +0100

Hi Lisa, all,

We went from 1.9 to 2.0 last summer. We appeared to lose some marks in
the transfer, but we've never been able to find out why (could have been
a local system issue), and it wasn't something that appeared in the dry
runs. That in and of itself is probably not something to be worried
about (likely a one-off anomoly), however we found it incredibly useful
to have a snapshot of the 1.9 install handy to compare against, live on
an alternative server, and I'd strongly suggest doing the same if at all
possible.

Difficult to say how long we spent on core functionality; we let some of
the key users have access to our test server on 2.0, for them to
experiment with, and so there's a fairly indeterminate number of hours
spent there. I think it will all work, although you may find some
changes undesirable (for example we've never been thrilled by how
meta-courses have changed in 2.x, as the new interface takes much longer
to use).

Ross
MMS Team (University of St Andrews)

--
J Ross Nicoll
Research Fellow (Distributed Systems & Networks Group)

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland : No SC013532