Help for MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH Archives

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH Archives

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH Home

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH  May 2018

MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH May 2018

Re: MIDWIFERY-RESEARCH Digest - 8 May 2018 to 9 May 2018 (#2018-100)

"Hutcherson, Amanda" <[log in to unmask]>

A forum for discussion on midwifery and reproductive health research." <[log in to unmask]>, Hutcherson, Amanda

Thu, 10 May 2018 14:49:49 +0000

Saloni Thakar runs an important volunteer service for vulnerable mothers, babies and children in London UK.  She would love Midwives and all those interested in mothers and babies to know about it and to spread the word.
 Please see her information below:

I am a trustee and volunteer for Little Village Charity. Little Village is a registered charity and works like a food bank but for clothes, toys, books and equipment for babies and children up to the age of 5.  Since January 2017 we have helped over 850  children living below the poverty line in Camden alone, providing them with everything from cots to socks.  We work in partnership with 64 local organisations  (all the major children’s centres, hospitals and council services in the borough) who refer families to us. Sophia, can give more up to date details of families we have served across both sites.

Not only does our charity promote sustainable living, but it has become a way of enabling families to support each other in a simple, but very tangible and powerful way.   We are the only baby bank that directly engages with the families we are supporting, inviting them into our space, encouraging them to play a role in identifying what kit they need, and supporting those who are interested to get involved with us as volunteers and donors. We are also the only baby bank that operates across multiple inner London boroughs (Camden, Wandsworth and Southwark.) Every week, beyond providing material support to families who visit us, we see the impact of connecting different parts of the community through our work - promoting understanding and dialogue between social groups in order to build stronger, more connected communities.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/littlevillagecamden/
https://littlevillagehq.org

We would really appreciate your support with sharing and linking our services up with the midwifery programs in London.

Thank you so much for your support.

Best Wishes
Saloni

Amanda Hutcherson
Midwifery/Mentorship Lecturer
School of Health Science
City University of London
Northampton Square
London EC1V 0HB
T: +44 (0)20 7040 5871

Shortlisted

www.city.ac.uk

The School of Health Sciences participates in the WOW! Awards – recognising great customer service.  If you’ve had great service from one of our staff please nominate them for the WOW! Awards: www.shs.thewowawards.co.uk/