Help for MELSIG Archives

MELSIG Archives

MELSIG@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MELSIG Home

MELSIG  March 2012

MELSIG March 2012

Use of podcasting to embed employability

"Middleton, Andrew" <[log in to unmask]>

Media Enhanced Learning Special Interest Group <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:46:50 +0100

Apologies for cross-posting

I am running some workshops at various institutions over the next few months on how audio, video, screencasting and online collaborative media applications (e.g. VoiceThread, Wimba, etc) can be used to embed employability in the curriculum. I would appreciate example descriptions or scenarios that I can refer to as well as some actual examples of media I can demonstrate.
Where the use of media-enhanced learning for embedding employability has been evaluated I'd also appreciate hearing about findings or being pointed towards any reports or case studies in the public domain.
In all cases I will acknowledge contributions and seek to share what I find out.
I will be taking a broad view of Employability - whilst developing career management skills is part of it, I would imagine hearing about ideas that may come under the following headings:
*       Focusing on student needs and aspirations
*       Developing learner independence
*       Developing learner self-regulation
*       Embedding Personal Professional Development and Planning
*       Providing real world experience (e.g. through work-based and work-related learning, simulation, etc)
*       Integrating opportunities for enterprise
These headings come from a framework I am developing with regard to employability and graduate attributes.
Many thanks in advance

Andrew Middleton
Head of Innovation & Professional Development
Quality Enhancement & Student Success
Sheffield Hallam University
Tel: 0114 225 2613