MECCSA-LCM@JISCMAIL.AC.UK

MECCSA-LCM Home

MECCSA-LCM  January 2020

MECCSA-LCM January 2020

Annual Network Meeting, MeCCSA 2020.

Rachel Matthews <[log in to unmask]>

MeCCSA Local and Community Media Network <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 5 Jan 2020 14:07:23 +0000

Dear Network Members

The LCM committee is looking forward to catching up with members at the annual MeCCSA conference next week. Just to remind you that our panel, The Community in Local News and Communication, will be on Thursday, January 9, from 9am to 10.30am in the Edward Street building, room 105.

We will also be holding our first network meeting on Thursday from 12.15pm, again in the Edward Street building (exact room to be confirmed). Please do attend to take part and have a say in the way forward for the network; we really will welcome your input!

You may also wish to vote for our vice chair Agnes Gulyas in the annual MeCCSA exec committee elections, which are taking place now. Agnes is standing for re-election to the committee and is currently chair of the association activities sub-committee. You can email your ballot by the end of tomorrow, Monday, January 6; alternatively, ballot papers can be submitted in person at the conference.

Finally, just a reminder about our CFP for our panel proposal for the ECREA conference in October in Portugal. You have until the end of Tuesday, January 7 to put forward a proposal focusing specifically on ‘Trust and sustainable communities: Current Trends in Local Media’. Papers which address both practice-based projects and theoretical reflections on local media, content, production and environment (including business and policy environments) and cultural and social contexts in relation to diverse communities are particularly welcome. More details about the conference are here https://www.ecrea2020braga.eu/

Abstracts of 500 words can be submitted to me, Dr Rachel Matthews at Coventry University, [log in to unmask]

Best wishes

Rachel